Defense Threat Reduction Agency
Access Control and Security Access Support
In 2005, New Age was contracted to provide security expertise and access control support to the Defense Threat Reduction Agency under a subcontractor agreement. As such, New Age collaborated with DTRA to develop the guidelines for controlling access to the Agency’s facility.
In this capacity, our security experts ensured compliance with prescribed government regulations and provided guidance on the development of post orders and standard operating procedures. Our Access Control Specialists support DTRA with frontline security monitoring by providing access control and security access support on a 24-hour basis, seven days a week.
These specialists oversaw vital security access functions, including:
- Generating and assigning badges to cleared and un-cleared personnel;
- Verifying clearances;
- Scrutinizing, examining and scanning packages via X-Ray equipment;
- Controlling parking and vehicle registration;
- Conducting security checks throughout the perimeter;
- Monitoring CCTV in the Central Protection Center; and
- Maintaining security databases.
Based on New Age personnel’s performance, our security recommendations, and our collaborative style in which we worked with the prime contractor, DTRA was able to enhance the security posture of its complex at a substantial savings to the Agency.